tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot compile jsp pages with log4j statements -- Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:34:16 GMT
One major change between the 4.1.x branch and the 5.x.x branch is
packages in generated servlets. In tc4.1.x all the jsps were in the
org.apache.jsp package irrespective of the structure of the site.
 From 5 onwards the jsp directory structure is also part of the package
name. So, my guess is agent_report_all_in.jsp is in a different
directory from the one that fails to compile. It works in 4.1 but needs
to be imported in 5.x.x.

Allistair Crossley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It doesn't really matter if you did the app or not, it's irrelevant to this conversation
and you asked a question.

> Anyway, yes an awful lot has changed between 4.1 and 5.5 including the Jasper compiler,
see the change logs.

> However, I have tested your declaration on 5.5.9 and do not get this error therefore
I think we can rule out the Jasper compiler.