tomcat-users mailing list archives

From MDK <...@relivethefuture.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.5, jdk1.5 on user mode debian stable hangs after a few days
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:28:39 GMT
no, the odd thing is, it wasnt even being used (and its a very simple
application, of course, thats a relative term)

i installed the app, tested it once and logged out.

I came back to it a few days later and the whole thing is hanging.

If you can recommed any tools i can use to detect what is happening that
would be much appreciated

the app itself uses spring, openamf (an open source flash remoting
connector) with some jdbc (mysql)

so i guess that any one of these (and my code) could be the culprit.

I'll look into each of these individually and see if they could be
causing the problem.

thanks.

martin

Allistair Crossley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hanging, memory up 50%, sounds very much like an OutOfMemoryException to me. I know from
experience that Tomcat can hang with no memory and not log to stdout either (although most
of the time it does).