tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Re: Where can I find specs for ALL the xml tags that can be used in server.xml.
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:00:20 GMT
On Monday 29 Aug 2005 06:03, Anto Paul wrote:
> On 8/29/05, Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> > Where can I find specs for all the tags in server.xml
>
> I use these pages. it explains the elements used in the server.xml.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/index.html

No it doesn't it only describes SOME of them.

I must admin not really searching 5.5 docs, because I am using 4.1, but I
can't find the <Resource> tag described aywhere.  It is important to get it
right (basically because blindly following someone's recipe has not worked -
so I need to understand the reasoning behind their recipe and correct it for
my situation).  In particular what do the attributes mean

I have a similar issue with web.xml although at least there is a dtd for that
which is reasonably well commented.  Its just that some of the elements (like
<security-constraint> are not well documented.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk