tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Code Rebel <>
Subject Tomcat 3.3.2: Not able to retrieve parameters
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:39:29 GMT
Hi all,

For some reason I'm not able to retrieve the
parameters from a URL.

I have a simple test JSP file that attempts to print
out the names and values of parameters passed via the
URL. The JSP loads, executes and provides a response
just fine, but the call to
HttpServletRequest.getParameterNames() always returns
an empty Enumeration, even when there are parameters
on the URL.

So, for example, if the following URL is given:

...I would expect getParameterNames() to return an
Enumeration containing two strings: "first" and

But no such luck.

My hunch is that there is something wrong in the
configuration, probably in the server.xml file, but so
far I haven't been able to figure out what the problem
might be.

Thanks in advance for your help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: