tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nitin dubey <nitz_t...@yahoo.com>
Subject URGENT : Special Character when deployed on Linux
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:38:28 GMT
Hello all,

I am getting special characters when we enter spaces
during formatting a text in a textarea.  It used to
work perfectly in our development environment but when
we moved it to production we get 'Â' character for
every repeated blank space.

The only thing changing in development and prodution
is OS from Windows to Linux(Production).  I just want
to know if anyone has faced this problem anytime
developing their applications.

Development Environment:
OS:Windows 2K
Browser: IE5.5+, Firefox1.0+
Database: MYSQL (on Linux Server)
ServletContainer: Tomcat(On windows Server)

Production Environment:
Database: MYSQL (on Linux Server)
ServletContainer: Tomcat(On Linux Server)

Note:I am also using FCKEditor for editing the
content.   But they say its not the problem with
FCKEditor.

Cheers,

Nitin