tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Passing parameter upon login using j_security_check
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:19:39 GMT
--- Mark Goking <Mark.Goking@asia.bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to pass a parameter upon login using
> j_security_check and
> passing that parameter to index.jsp?
>
> thanks

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

I don't think anything gets forwarded when the post is
handed off.  I tried printing all variables once and
nothing.  I was asking about this before.  You can
create your own filter and do the same thing however.
Should be straight forward.  Then you can even
customize your security mechanism.  Just set a session
variable and if it is not set then you know to bounce
back to the security, otherwise allow the http call to
go through.

Wade