tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sunjay Gunda <sunjaysr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to access application if I am on VPN
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:17:01 GMT
I was thinking along the same lines of struts unable
to reach jakarta.apache.org. But, I can access all the
web sites even if I am connected to office through VPN
(We do that browsing by using a proxy script path
mentioned under Internet Options->Connections->LAN
Settings : Use automatic configuration script).

After reading your post, I disabled that script (I
can't access any websites) and I tried to run my
application, but I got the same exception (since, its
unable to reach jakarta website).

Regarding the option that you mentioned for DNS, I
don't have any idea. Since, I am able to access the
webpages, I should be able to pass the data back and
forth. So, I should be able to do that. But, can you
provide a link or some detail information of how to do
that?

Thanks
Sunjay

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Firewalls/Q_21246171.html

> 3: Prevent the lookup for the DTD from struts.
>
> I dont know how you would go about this because i
> dont know struts at all.
>
> if anyone else has any ideas id like to hear them.
>
> thanks
>
> Martin
>

> Sunjay Gunda wrote:
> > Tomcat is running on my local machine. Application
> is
> > using MYSQL database and it is also on my local
> box.
> > Whenever I connect to office through VPN and try
> > access the application that is hosted on my local
> box,
> > then I get this error in addition to what I
> mentioned
> > before
> >

> > Aug 19, 2005 4:36:30 PM
> > org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
> <init>
> > INFO: Initializing,
> > config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
> > returnNull=true
> > Aug 19, 2005 4:36:30 PM
> > org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
> <init>
> > INFO: Initializing,
> > config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources',
> > returnNull=true
> > Aug 19, 2005 4:36:30 PM
> > org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
> > initModuleConfig
> > SEVERE: Parsing error processing resource path
> > java.net.UnknownHostException: jakarta.apache.org
> > 	at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:153)
> > 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452)
> > 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402)
> > 	at

sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:139)

sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:402)

sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:618)

sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:306)

sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:267)

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:521)

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:498)

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:626)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> > Source)
> > 	at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
> > 	at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:944)
> > 	at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:468)
> > 	at

javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1029)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:862)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4013)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4357)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:701)
> > 	at

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:432)

=== message truncated ===