tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sunjay Gunda <sunjaysr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Unable to access application if I am on VPN
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:17:32 GMT
Hello All,
    I am new to Tomcat. I am using the following for my application

Tomcat :  5.0.28
Java     :  1.4.2_08
Struts   :  1.1
Windows XP.

I am able to access my application that is hosted on my local box. http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.jsp

I connect through VPN for my office work. At that time, I am unable to access the same application
(that I am able to access if I am not connected through VPN). Can anyone suggest what might
the problem be? I am getting the following errors when I try to access the application

If I login as http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.jsp

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.

exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:825)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:758)	org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspService(loginForm_jsp.java:101)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

root cause
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection	org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:712)
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:500)	org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(loginForm_jsp.java:132)
org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspService(loginForm_jsp.java:91)	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

---------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

If I login as http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.do, I get the following message
HTTP Status 404 - Servlet action is not available
---------------------------------

type Status report

message Servlet action is not available

description The requested resource (Servlet action is not available) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

I am able to access the admin and the manager of the tomcat even after connecting through
VPN. But I am unable to connect to my application. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Sunjay