tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Jaynes <justinjay...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using more than one SSL cert in keystore?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:49:45 GMT
Bruno,

I am hosting a few sites on Tomcat standalone and they
all share on SSL certificate because they all use the
same domain name (they are just forwards to different
directories).  But now I would like to put up a new
site that is completely independant of the others.  It
needs its own SSL cert and it needs four host names to
all point to the same place and redirect to just one
of the domain names so that the SSL cert will be
valid, regardless of how the users chose to get to my
site.

Is it possible to do Virtual Hosting using IP's on a
Tomcat standalone installation?  Or will it only do
the <host> entries that I am already using?

It would solve all my problems if I could.  Then, to
get four addresses redirected to one, I would simply
have to set my default domain name set in server.xml,
enter no other <host> entries, and all the requests
sent there would shift to the default domain.

I am not sure if this scenario is achieveable.  Tomcat
may not even be set up for IP virtual hosting.  One
other thought--Is this more easily achieved by setting
up a second instance of tomcat on my machine?

Justin