tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: HTTP/1.1 GZIP compression and its impact on server
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:36:34 GMT
Our App does GZIP compression. I actually did some real testing on using it.
Here's what we tell our customers:

Enable GZIP Compression

Enabling this option will cause Connect Daily to send web pages to the
browser compressed in the GZIP format. This can result in a compression
factor of six (6) times. Needless to say, this can make your calendar
noticeably faster to end users. Our testing indicates serviced per minute
was reduced by 2.3% when GZIP compression is enabled.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/