tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Litwak" <>
Subject Tomcat crash with no error messages!
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:05:32 GMT

  I have an application that is the only application running on a given
tomcat instance (there are multiple tomcat instances on the same box).
The application has been running for weeks, but the code has not been
changed for weeks.  Suddenly, Friday afternoon the application began
failing as soon as it tried to do anything besides check an id in LDAP.
The failure causes the tomcat process to crash.  Unfortunately, nothing
shows up on Catalina.out, or in the log4j logs that the application
generally writes both errors and progress to.  So I'm not sure what to
do to diagnose the problem.  Any suggestions for the first step?  If I
had an error message, that would be good.  Thanks.

 Kenneth D. Litwak
Software Engineer III
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta