tomcat-users mailing list archives

From A Madhusudan-A5324C <A53...@motorola.com>
Subject Soft links on Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows 2000
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:17:26 GMT

I am quite new to Tomcat and am faced with a small problem.

My web application files are lying in a directory structure outside of
Tomcat. I want this application to be loaded by tomcat, but the problem is
that somehow soft links do not work here.

I tried the allowLinking flag and set it ti "trur", but still in windows it
is not working. The documentation just warns against using this flag on
windows machines (due to non case sensitive FS), but turning this on does
not work.

Any clues on how to proceed.

Another problem that I want to resolve is in the context.xml file under conf
directory. The contents of my file is

<Context path="/3gflex" docBase="D:\FeatureID" debug="0">

    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->

    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
restarts -->
    <!--
    <Manager pathname="" />
    -->