tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Austin <mail-li...@revolsys.com>
Subject RE: "No Host matches server name localhost" error
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:34:09 GMT
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:25 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: Brian Moseley [mailto:bcm@maz.org]
> > Subject: Re: "No Host matches server name localhost" error
> >
> > thanks for the pointer. after moving my context definition into
> > server.xml
>
> Bad move.  This is specifically discouraged in 5.5.

It seems that Tomcat 5.5 discourages you from putting contexts in the
server.xml, and that is something that is a good idea as it's easier to
manage them when they are outside. But the context path is only
supported when you put it in the server.xml so you can't deploy the wars
to any other path other than the name of the context file so deploying
to /apps/admin.

I know there is the special ROOT.xml for the root context but that
doesn't solve the sub path issue which no one seems to know the answer
to.