tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harry Hehl <>
Subject error loading class in $CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:50:54 GMT

I am just starting out with Tomcat 5 and I am experimenting with loading
classes from a servlet.

I have placed my .class files in $CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes.
My servlet tries to instantiate a class located in
$CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes I get

root cause
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class XXXX from class YYYYY

I discovered even if I delete the .class files from CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes I still get
this error.

Is there a security setup required to permit this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message