tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Al Koch" <AlK...@myrealbox.com>
Subject How "force" Tomcat 5.5.4 to always use URL Rewriting
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:15:11 GMT
Hello,

I have a servlet in which I am calling HttpServletResponse.encodeURL() for all of the URLs
that the servlet generates. From the various references that I have on encodeURL() I understand
that Tomcat should, by default, use Cookies if they are supported in a browser to implement
session management and, in that scenario, encodeURL() will not alter the URL. However, if
Tomcat detects that Cookies are not supported, its implementation of encodeURL() will attach
"jsession=..." to the URL.

I have a situation in which I would like to force Tomcat to always use the URL Rewriting approach.
My references imply that "Cookies are the default and Tomcat can be configured to always use
URL rewriting" but various searches have failed to reveal anything that documents how this
is done.

Can someone please give me the details on how to accomplish this?

Thanks very much.

Al Koch
AlKoch@MyRealBoxREMOVEALLTHESECHARS.com