tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 0119...@student.uhasselt.be
Subject 1 jakarta server + multiple ip's
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:36:29 GMT
Hello,

I'm configuring a tomcat-server and the server has multiple ip's. I would like
to setup virtual hosts based on the ip-address. I wouldn't like running
multiple servers.

situation: one networkdevice (eth0) has 2 ip's. I would like to setup virtual
hosts based on the ip's.

What I've done: I have setup aliases for the possible dns-names of the second
virtual host (the possible names for one of the ip's). I have also added the ip
itself to the aliases link.
However, I don't know how tomcat filter based on these names. The ip-alias seems
to work, so I'm wondering what tomcat is comparing it with.

I suppose Tomcat requests the dns-name that corresponds to that id. So, I'm
wondering if this setup filters on ip?

thanks,

Michel