tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pa...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Can't get apache to connect to tomcat
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:43:35 GMT
Are you trying to mount the default TC homepage?
I'm running Apache2 / Tomcat 5.5.9 on a Debian Sarge box and have successfully (finally) gotten
them to speak to each other.  Here's what's worked for me:
1) Everything in JK2.Properties is still commented out.
2) Added these lines to httpd.conf:
JkAutoAlias /usr/share/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps (change to your path)
(If your using mod.ssl add the next 4)
JkExtractSSL On
JkHTTPSIndicator HTTPS
JkSESSIONIndicator SSL_SESSION_ID
JkCIPHERIndicator SSL_CIPHER
JkWorkersFile /usr/share/apache2/conf/workers.properties (change to your path)
JkLogFile /usr/share/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log (change to your path)
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
Alias /tomcat-docs /usr/share/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps/tomcat-docs (change to the path
on your machine)
<Location "/tomcat-docs/WEB-INF/">
  AllowOverride None
  deny from all
</Location>
JkMount /tomcat-docs/* worker1 (your worker name)
(here's the cool part - have apache serve the static content )
JkUnMount /tomcat-docs/*.png worker1 (your worker name)
JkUnMount /tomcat-docs/*.jpg worker1 (your worker name)
JkUnMount /tomcat-docs/*.gif worker1 (your worker name)
JkUnMount /tomcat-docs/*.html worker1 (your worker name)