tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Jose" <rjos...@comcast.net>
Subject Getting LOGON_USER from the header
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:44:10 GMT
Hello
I have configured IIS 5.1 to redirect all jsp files to Tomcat 5.5 using the isapi redirect
dll.  This seems to be working well and configured correctly.

Now I am trying to get the LOGON_USER from the header.  I want the windows id of the user
that is hitting my web page.  I am developing an Intranet site and want to do seamless login
based on who the user logged into their windows machine.  I know I can do this by using the
command request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") in ASP.  I also was able to get request.getHeader("LOGON_USER")
to work with IIS 5.1 and JRun 4 (using the dll they provide).

Does anyone know how I can get this information using Tomcat?  I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks
Rob J.