tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gurumoorthy" <g.raghupa...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Getting LOGON_USER from the header
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:40:35 GMT
request.getRemoteUser()
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Jose" <rjose89@comcast.net>
To: "Tomcat User" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:44 PM
Subject: Getting LOGON_USER from the header

Hello
I have configured IIS 5.1 to redirect all jsp files to Tomcat 5.5 using the
isapi redirect dll.  This seems to be working well and configured correctly.

Now I am trying to get the LOGON_USER from the header.  I want the windows
id of the user that is hitting my web page.  I am developing an Intranet
site and want to do seamless login based on who the user logged into their
windows machine.  I know I can do this by using the command
request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") in ASP.  I also was able to get
request.getHeader("LOGON_USER") to work with IIS 5.1 and JRun 4 (using the
dll they provide).

Does anyone know how I can get this information using Tomcat?  I would be
greatly appreciative.

Thanks
Rob J.