tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trevor Quinn" <TQu...@mbakercorp.com>
Subject Problem compiling JSPs with Tomcat as Windows Service
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:30:52 GMT
Hi,

When I deploy a web application to a Windows 2K server running Tomcat 5.0.28 and JDK 1.5,
I see "Unable to compile JSP" errors on every JSP page, but only when Tomcat is running as
a Windows service. When I run Tomcat from the console window, all pages compile and display
correctly.

I had read in another posting that this might have something to do with permissions. It said
to make sure JAVA_HOME, TOMCAT_HOME, and PATH were defined as system variables, not user variables.
This is the case, and I'm still seeing problems. Another posting recommended moving the Java
lib/tools.jar file to the common/lib folder in Tomcat. That didn't seem to help either.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

Trevor