tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jérôme Chauvin <jerome.chau...@opsomai.com>
Subject binary streaming / content-type problem with mod_jk ?
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:09:29 GMT
Hi all !

I've developed a servlet ("BinaryStreaming" based on "StreamingContent"
by Raj Behera) which does a binary stream of a mpeg video file which is
created progressively (by another servlet/software/Unix command/... not
important ) and finally read and played by Quicktime.
I use Apache and Tomcat so I've installed mod_jk

All work well (-> MacOS and Windows) but... :
If I go on     http://localhost:8080/my_test/BinaryStreaming     it
works well with QuickTime 7 and QuickTime 6 (6, 6.5, 6.5.2, ...).

I have mod_jk so I can go on
http://localhost/my_test/BinaryStreaming       and here it still works
well with QT7.
But QT6 seems to wait that the video file is entirely created to start
the viewing instead of starting to play the movie as soon as there is
data in it, progressively.
-> like it does with QT7 and QT6 with :8080  OR  when I use QT7 without
:8080.

I think it's due to mod_jk but I've no idea to make it work

I've found that another person had a similar problem, but no answer was
given :
http://www.junlu.com/msg/107218.html

This message was posted in 09/2004 and it seems that Apache causes
problems with pre-defined MIME-Types.

Does someone have an answer or an idea ? :-)
I really need to fix this ! :(

Thanks in advance.  :o)

Regards,

Jérôme