tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alon Belman <alon.bel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about deployment (including executables in war)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:43:53 GMT
Murad,

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking -- like what do you mean by "jar
strips the execute file permissions from my programs"? -- but i'm
assuming you cant do it.   In fact, I will be more than a little
alarmed if a packaged web app can include and run arbitrary
executables unless specifically allowed to so by its server's
SecurityManager, or if the server is running without a
SecurityManager.  That is, you cannot do it unless you configure it
OUTSIDE your web application.

Hope this helps,
Alon