tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alon Belman <alon.bel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat5.0 Database Connection Pooling Configuration
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:32:25 GMT
you can define resources for all of a host's contexts by using a
GlobalNamingResources element

see here for more info:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/globalresources.html

On 7/13/05, Foo Shyn <fooshyn@mnc.com.my> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Have a question on dbcp settings. I'd done the settings by configuring the server.xml
and the web.xml of my application and it works fine. But since i need to install multiple
application on the same Tomcat server, i'll need to place different <context> tag in
the server.xml for each application to enable the datasource for each of my apps. Since my
apps are all connecting to a same database server, is there any configuration method that
allows me to setup once in server.xml (such as setting a 'common context') and let my web.xml
to handle the rest?