tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Belingueres <belingue...@gmail.com>
Subject strange cache behavior in Tomcat 5.5.9?
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:18:45 GMT
Hi,
In my JSP pages I put the following tags to avoid the browser cache the pages.

<head>
</head>

When used in Tomcat 4.1.12 it behaves correctly (the "back" button in
the browser doesn't work) but in Tomcat 5.5.9 it seems not to be
working since when pressing back button it brings me the previous
page. I tested it with IE 6 SP1.

The thing is that using the following in my JSP pages it work
perfectly in Tomcat  5.5.9:

<%
response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-store");
response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache");
response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0);
%>

So the question is why the behavior differs from different versions?
Am I doing something wrong?
Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel