tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adile Abbadi <ad...@minitdrugs.com>
Subject Error 500 messages
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:34:40 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a very simple question to ask and I'm sure someone out there can
help me. Ok I just migrated from Tomcat 3 to Tomcat 4 and everything is
working great except one little thing. But a little background before I go
on.

Apache/Tomcat4 configuration - using libapache-mod_jk as the connector.
Running on Linux
JDK1.4

My app is built in JSP with JavaBeans in the background. Most of JSP's are
built as follows

Container JSP file
--jsp includes doing different thing like load session variables or nav
menus, etc.

Alright so here is the issue - in Tomcat 3 - whenever an error occurred such
as a null pointer, or other exception - the error would output right to the
JSP page itself and I could see it on the screen.

Now in Tomcat 4 it outputs the error to the log. This is all fine and dandy
but it makes it hell to try and fix issues having to sift through log files
to figure out what the problem is.

Now I have tried to build a simple test.jsp file and force it to through an
exception and that works fine (gives me the standard apache/tomcat error 500
screen) - but for some reason in the more complicated jsp pages - I can't
get the exception to come to the screen.

So any ideas??

Thanx

Adile

----
Mr. Adile Abbadi-MacIntosh - Chief Technical Officer