tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: web hosting with tomcat
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:07:21 GMT
> From: vishwam [mailto:gvishwam@info-telecomsys.com]
> can tomcat serve as  web server alone?

Yes.

> Please can any one tell me the procedure what should be done ?

At the simplest, edit conf/server.xml to change port 8080 to port 80 and
restart Tomcat so that it reads the new port.  However, you may also
want to take further steps to harden Tomcat before exposing it on the
Internet - for example removing the standard applications and tightening
up the configuration options.  There was a discussion on-list about this
a while back if my memory isn't playing tricks on me; try an archive
search for securing or hardening Tomcat.

		- Peter