tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anderson, M. Paul" <Paul.Ander...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 and SQL Server
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:35:23 GMT
I am running Tomcat 5.5 with SQL Server on a separate machine.

I am getting the following error at random times:

Java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000
Driver for JDBC]Connection rest by peer: socket write error.

I have been unable to determine a trigger for this error - it just seems
to happen randomly.  When it occurs, no user can then log in to the
application - I must reboot the SQL server machine to get a connection
to be made for subsequent logins.

Has anyone seen this and can point me to a solution?

Thanks,
Paul