tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manik Surtani <ma...@surtani.org>
Subject Manager servlet to manage virtual hosts
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:50:50 GMT
Hi,

I'm running TC 5.0.19 and have 8 virtual hosts on the box.

Each virtual host has a default ("/") context with it's app deployed.

When I access tomcat on it's IP address on port 8080, I get the
default tomcat root, with access to the admin and manager servlets.

Whenever I access the manager servlet though, I can only administer
the root host and not contexts within the virtual hosts.

Essentially I need an easy mechanism to reload apps within the
virtual hosts (wither via cmd line or www interface) without
restarting tomcat or affecting the deployments on the other virtual
hosts.

Any ideas on how I can best achieve this?

Thanks.
Manik