tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Recommend a UK Tomcat host
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:41:51 GMT
: )

Just had a sales conversation with them and yes the hike in price is a bit
daft.

A dedicated server is an option but only if I can get enough of
nameonthe.nets previous customers over to them.

If ANYONE reading this knows of any customers effected by this ISP's
downfall can they let me know and hope that we can get some collective
purchasing power.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Tim Diggins <subscribed@red56.co.uk>
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [OT] Recommend a UK Tomcat host
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:52:24 +0100

I was just about to recommend postive-internet. They are very good -
customer support is good, and they are real tecchies - they understand &
respond well if you give a technical support query in technical language
(often not the case!).

I've really only heard good things about them, and have had a good overall
experience of them for the past couple of years. That said, I've never used
tomcat with them. (But use them for python/php stuff).

The only problem I heard with them is that they don't do much variety in
products - namely the leap between "z-hosting" (shared) and
deducated/managed servers is quite a hike in price

-- Tim