tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Placing a LifecycleListener in my server.xml
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:57:29 GMT
Thanks Darryl

I have followed this guide but don't know how to add the modify the
server.xml I attached to reflect this. Also are you saying I should put the
class that implements the listener in the server/classes?

I am fine with this but wasn't sure if it would all get loaded together as
the class is a Singleton that the rest of my code talks to and need to be
sure it will have access to the same class instance in the JVM.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl L. Miles [mailto:darryl@netbauds.net]
Sent: 27 July 2005 12:10
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Placing a LifecycleListener in my server.xml

Sorry did not read properly..

Have you tried:

for JARs:  $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib or $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
for .class: $CATALINA_HOME/server/classes or $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes

From: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

*Lifecycle Listeners*

    If you have implemented a Java object that needs to know when this
    *Context* is started or stopped, you can declare it by nesting a
    *Listener* element inside this element. The class name you specify
    must implement the |org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener|
    interface, and it will be notified about the occurrence of the
    coresponding lifecycle events. Configuration of such a listener
    looks like this:

<Context path="/examples" ...>
  <Listener className="com.mycompany.mypackage.MyListener" ... >
</Context>

    Note that a Listener can have any number of additional properties
    that may be configured from this element. Attribute names are
    matched to corresponding JavaBean property names using the standard
    property method naming patterns.

--
Darryl L. Miles
M: 07968 320 114