tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hong wu <lordh...@gmail.com>
Subject newbie question: Tomcat/Apache settings
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:26:06 GMT
Hi,

I have apache 1.3.x and tomcat 4.x installed on XP machine.

apache is running at port 80 and tomcat running on port 8080.  it
seems that tomcat has its own web server, even i stopped the apache
server process, tomcat was able to run on its own.

my question is: how to "integrate" apache and tomcat?  i think a
simpler form to ask is: how to setup apache/tomcat so that apache
serves the HTML/SHTML requests, and tomcat serving JSP/Servlets, while
both running on port 80?

please forgive me if this question has been posted and replied in the
past, i am new to the list... thanks!

hong