tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raghupathy,Gurumoorthy" <gurumoorthy.raghupa...@uk.fid-intl.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Apache
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:26:05 GMT
Check the permission in the work directory change it to 777 and try

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Rodriguez [mailto:ivan@interd4u.com]
Sent: 11 July 2005 15:14
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Apache

I have the same issue! with debian sarge, and tomcat installed from scratch:

Generated servlet error:
The return type is incompatible with JspSourceDependent.getDependants()

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandle
r.java:84)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:3
28)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:397)

jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-src.tar.gz
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1
jdk1.5.0_03

>No this isn't the solution. Tomcat and Apache are full independent. They
don't
>cooperate together nor they communicate. Apache listens at port 80 and
Tomcat
>at port 8180 ( its the Debian Solution ).
>But I cannot run tomcat under these configuration. I get an error dump each

>time:
>[quote]
>HTTP Status 500 -
>
>type Exception report
>
>message
>
>description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from
>fulfilling this request.
>
>exception
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:
432)
>	at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
142)
>	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)