tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Reynolds" <James.Reyno...@ihc.com>
Subject Oracle Drivers that work with Tomcat 5.5.x and Sun Java Studio Creator
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:14:17 GMT

I'm using Sun's Java Studio Creator to create a javaserver faces
application that I want to deploy to Tomcat.  If I use the drivers
included with the IDE, Tomcat throws the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.faces.FacesException: Can't
instantiate class: 'insertupdatedelete.Page1'.. class
insertupdatedelete.Page1 : javax.faces.FacesException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

If I use Oracle's thin jdbc drivers, the IDE throws an error indicating
that they do not support the PreparedStatement.getMetaDataMethod(),
which prevents the IDE from performing its magic with binding components
to database fields.

Is anyone else using Tomcat, Oracle & Java Studio Creator together?  How
did you do it?

Thanks