tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Holly, Michael" <mho...@talisentech.com>
Subject Strange mrf files generated in tomat temp directory
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:03:45 GMT
I am using Tomcat 4.1.29 on solaris 9.   I have files uploaded to my
site and then I write them to the temp dir using File.createTempFile()
in anticipation of moving them elsewhere. I have noticed that somthing
else is writing very larg files to this directory as well.  Some of the
files are > 3GB.  They seem to be using the same File.createTempFile()
facility because they all have a prefix followed by a 3 to 5 digit
number and then .tmp  ( mrf2393.tmp or mrf40389.tmp)   Where do these
files come from?

Thanks

Michael