tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Barnes <barne...@gmail.com>
Subject apache jk_mod connecor to tomcat; threads not being released
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:46:47 GMT
Hi folks,
Pretty new to the apache/tomcat world so please forgive any naivety.

We have an apache instance on one server that connects to a tomcat
instance on another using jk_mod

The problem is that no matter what values I use for the
worker.properties config the threads on the tomcat side are never
recycled/dropped/released.  Consequently the number of threads
gradually climbs to the value set in the server.xml file by
"maxProcessors"  at which point no new requests are met.

A bounce of either the tomcat or the apache process is all that seems
to reset it.  I have put on  trace level logging but found nothing
useful in the JK log file.

Has anyone encountered this before and I am just being a bit dense and
missing something ?
Please get back to me if you need more details.  Very grateful for any
assistance - some version numbers and worked property values below.

Cheers
Mark

Apache 1.3
jk_mod 1.2.10
Tomcat 5.0.24
java  j2sdk1.4.2_08

   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.type=ajp13
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.host=xxx.xxx.xx.com
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.port=8203
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.lbfactor=50
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.cachesize=1
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.cache_timeout=60
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.socket_keepalive=0
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.socket_timeout=5
   JkWorkerProperty worker.funds.recycle_timeout=30