tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Bromley <martin.brom...@sustainable-energy.co.uk>
Subject Re: Viewing Web Resource Updates without Restarting Tomcat
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:27:25 GMT
I wasn't aware of Tomcat doing any caching of JSP pages... could be wrong, but are you sure
it's Tomcat doing the caching, not a browser or proxy server?  You may want to look at the
Expires, Cache-Control etc. headers that are being sent with your pages.

You can clear the compiled classes in the work dir if you want to force JSPs to be recompiled,
but I've always found that Tomcat detects new JSPs itself (even with the Context set with
reloadable="false").

Anything in WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib (basically anything picked up by the classloader)
requires a restart or reload for changes to be detected.

Cheers
Martin