tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject injecting a new request within a filter
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:04:33 GMT
Hello,

from within a filter, I'm trying to do the following:

request.getRequestDispatcher(req.getServletPath() +
"index.faces").forward(request, response);

This works generally fine. The problem is, that attached filters simply
aren't processed for this request. I have two filters in series, the
first filter is doing the above forward-request on a conditionally basis
and the second filter is never called in this case. How can I re-inject
the request, so that either both filters are passed again, or at least
the second filter (and maybe others following) is processed?

Regards
Marten