tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject Re: how to get the original requestURI after jsp:forward()
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:36:26 GMT
Hi,

> You need to read SRV.8.4 of the servlet specification.

I read it now. However, it's stated there, that path-related-values
should be overwritten by the container in all request-dispatcher
occurences. This means: include and forward. But for an include, I can
see the original requestURI, for an forward, I see the "local" one. Is
there any way to obtain the original one? Unfortunately, there's nothing
like request.getSuper().getRequestURI() or similar. Are all references
to previous objects cutted?

Regards
Marten