tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location - find_vma failed
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:29:59 GMT
Wasik, Paul wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>Can anyone point me in the right direction on what might be causing this
>error in my catalina.out log file? I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 on a RedHat
>EL3.0 server with Sun JDK 1_5_0_03 and am using the jsvc launcher. Aside
>from this entry in my log file, everything seems to be working fine.

This is due to the fact that your system has a rather high security
setting. I have the same thing on my Mandrake. Basically, java is unable
to read /proc file system and cannot determine some facts about it's own
process. This is mostly harmless, since my TC is running with that, no
problem.

Perhaps it could be worthwhile to investigate and see what permissions
tomcat user should have on the system to access /proc FS. It is also a
good question whether or not, tomcat user *should* have access to proc fs.

Nix.