tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Courreges <ecourre...@orb.com>
Subject mod_jk / Apache bug - max transfer of 496kbytes
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:08:47 GMT
- When serving files larger than 496kbytes, the download always stops at
496k, and I get a child segfault in apache error_log. No usefull info in
mod_jk.log
- Using the tomcat-http connector works no problem.
- Going through Apache+ mod_jk works no problem for normal web pages
(small elements).
- It doesn't seem related to mod_ssl because the bug is here in http and
https.

Could that come from a configuration issue or is it a bug? It seems to
be a too obvious bug, although it's impossible to find it anywhere on
google or what...

I hope someone already had the problem! Thanks.

This is a RHEL 4 with these:
Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_jk/1.2.13
Tomcat 5.5.9

We have the exact same problem with
RHEL3
JBoss 3.2.5
Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/5.0.2 DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
mod_jk2/2.0.4

In both cases Apache is prefork with mod_jk.so dynamically linked. I
tried compiling mod_jk with --enable-prefork but it doesn't change anything.