tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: newbie question: Tomcat/Apache settings
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:37:48 GMT
Have a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html
for an overview of the different type of connectors. You need the web
server type rather than the HTTP type.

You should use the mod_jk with Apache.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/jk.html

You should use CoyoteConnector with JkCoyoteHandler for Tomcat.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyotejk.html

If you will only be accessing Tomcat through Apache, you can remove the
HTTP connector on port 8080 but I would leave this until everything else
is working.

HTH,

Mark