tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edmund Urbani <...@liland.org>
Subject how do i prevent tomcat5 from adding trailing slash?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:43:10 GMT

hi!

i ran into some trouble with tomcat5 and its slash adding behaviour.
there's this MS WebFolder client (M$ for WebDAV), that does not seem to
be able to cope with status 302 redirects in some situations. in order
to work around this problem i modified the class
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper, so it would not add a
trailing slash for an URL like http://host:8080/slide. But since I
really don't want to (and usually don't need to) change anything about
tomcat, I'd rather have a configuration option for this. I know that the
old tomcat4 did not do redirects for this either, so I thought maybe
someone would add a config option to revert to that old behaviour.

if not, is there a any way to prevent this redirect without modifying
tomcat5's source?

Cheers,
 Edmund