tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Verhoye <peter.verh...@synergetic-solutions.be>
Subject Re: Automatic deploy with ant and Tomcat 4.1.31
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:08:11 GMT
> the tomcat deploy task doesn't build the war, it only deploys it, so
> unlikely that it is at fault. Have you checked the war manually to
> ensure it unzips normally with some zip util?
>
> also the unzipping is not really "done" by the deploy task - but is
> something that tomcat does at some point as part of its process of
> deploying a war.

The war file is correct. This is indeed doen in another task. And I've
checked it manually. And the copy of the warfile (in the work
CATALINA_HOME\work\Standalone\localhost\manager directory) is also
correct (I guess it's basically a copy).

Now, I do have to mention that I'm working on windows, so maybe this has
something to do with it.

Anyway, when I use the manager page to upload the war file, it works
like a charm. So noting wrogn there either.

Also, according to the docs, there should be a difference between the
install and the deploy tasks. But both 'deploy' the same directory (the
mentioned above).

BB
Peter