tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rainer Jung" <tomcat-u...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: DeltaManager for Clustering
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:18:24 GMT
Hi Dennis,

assuming you have a valid cluster config you don't need to start/stop the
DeltaManager yourself.

Session attributes are only replicated, if they are serializable and the
changes to the attributes are applied via setAttribute. If your attribute
e.g. is a HashMap and you change an entry via getAttribute and then access
by a key, the cluster will not know about the change and not replicate the
new data. On the other hand this way you can obscure changes you don't
really need from the replication and save some replication load.

Is replication working in general in your setup?