tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Spammed TooMuch <spamcola...@yahoo.com>
Subject WARs not being unpacked in Embedded Tomat?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:54:01 GMT
Hi,

Appreciate a little help. I am using 4.1 Tomcat's
Embedded class. I have worked most things but but can
not get it to use packed WAR files. I have the
context's set up, I think, because if I expand the war
file the index.html file in the resulting directory is
found.

Is Embedded suppose to support WARs; either unpacking
them in place or into its working directory?
unpackWARs is supposed to default to true when using a
server.xml; what is its default when using embedded?
How does one set unpackWARs and/or liveDeploy without
a server.xml?!

FYI, my Catalina, host, and context directories are
set something like:

System.setProperty("catalina.home", "D:\foo" );
embedded.createHost(hostName, "\" );
createContext("/bar", "bar");

I also have other contexts set such as the default:

createContext("", "\web\gui");

Thanks for any help you can provide!
cheers,
Chuck