tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arup Vidyerthy" <like_don...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Internet Explorer and Content-Type
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:23:16 GMT
Strange... I have identical code and it works IE and FireFox.

This is how write it out into the response stream

// set up the response header with the content type, the file name and
// the file size
//
res.setContentType("application/zip");
res.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" +
file.getName());
res.setHeader("Content-Length", String.valueOf(file.length()));

// create a URL object for the tmp file, create the input stream from
// the URL
//
URL url = getServletContext().getResource(filename);
input = new BufferedInputStream(url.openStream());

// read from the file, write to the servlet output stream
//
byte[] buff = new byte[1024];
int bytesRead;
while (-1 != (bytesRead = input.read(buff, 0, buff.length))) {
	output.write(buff, 0, bytesRead);
}

The only difference I can see is how I use lowercase but I don't see why
that should make any difference.