tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Fanjul <daniel.fanjul.alcu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging (Log4J) with Tomcat 4.1.x
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:51:11 GMT
No, you have to put each application log4j.xml in each WEB-INF/classes or
WEB-INF/lib (in a jar)
 The first time you declare a Logger in your app, log4j.xml is searched in
the ClassLoader; but, I donĀ“t know why (maybe some log4j initialization
static code), some log4j class is loaded by the Tomcat's Common ClassLoader,
not by your WebappX classloader.
Because of this, log4j.lib must be in the common dir.
 The log4j.xml is loaded by the WebappX, so each application may have its
own log4j.xml. Each time you redeploy an application, the log4j.xml is
searched again.