tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sue Roe <sue....@cmi-plc.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 and SQL Server
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:42:33 GMT
What driver are you using between Tomcat and SQL server?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anderson, M. Paul [mailto:Paul.Anderson@jhuapl.edu]
Sent: 11 July 2005 16:35
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Tomcat 5.5 and SQL Server

I am running Tomcat 5.5 with SQL Server on a separate machine.

I am getting the following error at random times:

Java.lang.Exception: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000
Driver for JDBC]Connection rest by peer: socket write error.

I have been unable to determine a trigger for this error - it just seems
to happen randomly.  When it occurs, no user can then log in to the
application - I must reboot the SQL server machine to get a connection
to be made for subsequent logins.

Has anyone seen this and can point me to a solution?

Thanks,
Paul

    ***Disclaimer***

The contents of this Email may be privileged and are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Should you wish to use Email as a mode of communication, CMi plc and its subsidiaries are
unable to guarantee the security of Email content outside of our own computer systems.

This footnote also confirms that this Email message has been checked by MIMESweeper for the
presence of computer viruses. Whilst we run anti-virus software, you are solely responsible
for ensuring that any Email or attachment you receive is virus free. We disclaim any liability
for any damage you suffer as a consequence of receiving any virus.

Checkmate International plc (CMi)
Registered in England No: 1899857
Registered Office 4th Floor, 35 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6BW