tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Thomas <pstho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: email from tomcat
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:25:14 GMT
Hi Jenny,

First off, congrats on the internship! Hope you enjoy it. Now, more to
the point: you're looking for the JavaMail package.

Read about how to use it in Tomcat here (you'll have to become
familiar with JNDI, but that's a Good Thing ):
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

API & download here:
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/reference/api/index.html

The code in the JNDI resources how-to is about as simple as it comes,
and it'll work pretty much straight out of the box.

Feel free to toss any questions back up to the list.

Cheers,
Patrick

To support javamail, you need the