tomcat-users mailing list archives

From j r <jreynold...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I change the error page being served while tomcat is starting up?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:40:20 GMT
When I start tomcat, it takes approximately 1 minute to complete its
startup process.  If apache is up during that period, the following
page gets served:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at <<server name>> Port 80

For obvious reasons, I removed the server name and apache version.  I
do not want either of these displayed to the customer.  How can I
changed those?

I have tried to put the following in web.xml to no avail:
<error-page>
        <error-code>404</error-code>
        <location>/errors/joey.html</location>
    </error-page>